When you have sinus discomfort it can feel so front and center to your experience of life. Dryness, soreness, pressure, congestion, and irritation in the nose and sinuses can really make it hard to be focused and comfortable. Sometimes they signal an oncoming cold.
The mucus membranes of the nose need to be moist in order to effectively trap airborne debris and germs. Soothing these passages with oil is a great step, but add herbs that calm mucous membranes and fight microbes and you’ve got preventative brilliance.
Dragontree’s Nasal Oil is this brilliance.
Dr. Peter Borten designed this product using the Ayurvedic wisdom of nasal lubrication and pacification, as a way to keep this sensitive area healthy, to calm irritation and congestion, and clear bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
Many nasal oils out there contain ginger, which can be a shocking and unpleasant experience that most people are unwilling to endure more than once. We’ve left that out (you’ll thank us for it), but here are some of the herbs and essential oils we did include:
- Coptis root– this herb has a long history of use to cool and soothe irritated mucous membranes and to dry up secretions; it is now understood to have strong antimicrobial properties.
- Angelica– this herb is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to alleviate pain, activate the immune system in the nasal passages, and decongest the head.
- Calendula flower– this herb has a long tradition of use in western herbal medicine to soothe irritated skin and mucous membranes.
- Blue chamomile essential oil– is a powerful agent for calming, cooling, and soothing irritation of all types.
- Magnolia flower– this herb is valued for its ability to decongest the nose and sinuses.
- Ravensara essential oil- is valued in aromatherapy for the treatment of viral infections.
Our nasal oil is a combination of these and other herbs, essential oils and oils that will lubricate and heal your nasal passageways.
To use this nasal oil, we recommend that you first perform neti (see how here) or at least blowing nose thoroughly, lie down or tip the head back fully and instill a few drops into each nostril. Relax for a bit before lifting the head. Repeat up to four times daily. Some drainage, minor burning, and a bitter taste are all normal.
About the Apothecary
Our nasal oil is made by hand in small batches in Portland, Oregon with precision and care so that you get the finest and most effective product on the market.
We take your experience and the quality of our products seriously. If you are not completely satisfied with this artisan product, we will happily refund your money.
Please see www.thedragontree.com/guarantee for details.