What you need most when you’re recovering from a cold is rest, and that’s hard to get when your night is spent doing more coughing than sleeping. Everybody’s been there, but they’re not giving you sympathy hugs because they don’t want to catch it.
In fact, now that you think about it, on the elevator everyone crammed together into the corner away from you. On top of feeling exiled, coughing all day is exhausting, it hurts your ribs and back, and makes it hard to carry on a conversation.
Cough suppressants can make you feel drugged or drowsy, and they don’t address the root of the problem: there is phlegm in your lungs and your body wants to get rid of it. Expectorants get help bring the phlegm up, but don’t actually assist in breaking it down.
What you need is something that breaks down phlegm, helps your body expel it, soothes the lung tissue, and eases lung spasms without putting you to sleep.
It’s easy to use – just take 2 to 3 droppers in water or straight up, 2 to 3 times a day or as needed.
Our cough formula is ahighly sophisticated blend of herbs chosen specifically for their effectiveness in alleviating coughs. Dr. Peter Borten designed this tincture after spending over a decade caring for patients and seeing what worked the fastest and most successfully to treat their acute and chronic coughs.
Some of the interesting herbs chosen to stop coughing and wheezing, help in clearing phlegm, and moisten dry lungs are:
- White spruce– a traditional Native American remedy for lung problems, it is regarded as ann excellent cough remedy.
- Bitter orange– this member of the citrus family is excellent at opening the chest and drying up phlegm.
- Yerba Santa– a valuable Native American herb for all kinds of coughs.
- Apricot seed– a primary herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine for calming coughing and wheezing, apricot kernel is excellent at opening the lungs, and it’s also used in the treatment of asthma.
- Licorice root– this sweet and mucilaginous herb soothes the lungs and throat while supporting the body’s immune system to overcome infection.
Combined with 12 other medicinal herbs they efficiently dry and expel phlegm, ease spasms, soothe the mucous membranes of the lungs, open the bronchial passages, and support the immune system, so you can sleep at night and enjoy your days.
About the Apothecary
Our tinctures are made by hand in small batches in Portland, Oregon with precision and care so that you get the finest and most effective product on the market.
We take your experience and the quality of our products seriously. If you are not completely satisfied with this artisan product, we will happily refund your money.
Please see www.thedragontree.com/guarantee for details.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease