Ayurvedic Body Oil
- Regular price
- $ 21.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 21.99 USD
- Unit price
Be the calm in the center of the storm.
Life is hectic sometimes. You may feel like your nerves are exposed and even the little things are causing you to feel overwhelmed.
There’s a simple way to immediately feel more peaceful and connected to yourself and the people you love...and it only requires five minutes of your time.
This daily ritual can have profound results…
Ayurvedic Self Massage:
This experience (also known as Self Abhyanga) calms your nerves and soothe your senses. It helps you connect more lovingly to yourself. In Ayurveda oil is a highly regarded potent healing agent. The word "sneha" in hindi means both “love” and “oil" - having liberal amounts of oil applied to the skin is seen as an act of love and caring.
It’s been scientifically proven that applying oil with therapeutic touch increases the happy hormones that are connected to bonding and a sense of well-being. It also decreases stress hormones, relaxes muscle tension, lubricates joints, softens the skin, and aids in detoxification.
Our Dragontree Ayurvedic Massage Oils were crafted by Ayurvedic Specialist, Briana Borten. These oils are each formulated to help balance one of the three primary doshas.
Vata Massage Oil
Grounding. Nourishing. Stabilizing.
Vata is associated with the elements of Air + Ether. If you’re experiencing an excess of Vata than you may feel out of balance in these ways:
- Anxiousness, nervousness
- Scattered thoughts, difficulty concentrating
- Overcommitting yourself, multi-tasking ineffectively
- Cold hands and feet, intolerance of cold
- Dry skin and hair
- Insomnia, Fatigue
The Dragontree’s custom Vata-balancing Massage Oil is a blend of herbs and essential oils specifically chosen to help warm, ground, nourish, and stabilize the excessively cool, dry, and airy qualities of Vata imbalances.
A regular routine of daily self massage with this oil is a highly effective way to stabilize, calm and ground your body and mind.
Kapha Massage Oil
Elevating. Opening. Energizing.
Kapha is associated primarily with the elements of Water + Earth. If you’re experiencing an excess of Kapha then you may feel out of balance in these ways:
- Depression, apathy, lethargy
- Feeling mentally slow, sluggish
- Slow digestion
- Sinus congestion, allergies
- Gain weight easily, trouble losing weight
The Dragontree’s custom Kapha-balancing Massage Oil is a blend of herbs and essential oils specifically chosen to help energize, elevate, and stimulate the excessively heavy, moist, and dense qualities of Kapha imbalances.
A regular routine of daily self massage with this oil is a highly effective way to revitalize and uplift your body and mind.
Pitta Massage Oil
Calming. Soothing. Cooling.
Pitta is associated primarily with the elements of Fire + Water. If you’re experiencing an excess of Pitta then you may feel out of balance in these ways:
- Over abundance of heat in the system that may cause excessive sweating, redness, rashes, heartburn, feeling overheated
- Quick to anger and irritability
- Inflammatory skin conditions such as acne or rosacea
- Hyper-competitive, controlling, and critical
- Unbalanced drive to succeed
The Dragontree’s custom Pitta-balancing Massage Oil is a blend of herbs and essential oils specifically chosen to help calm, soothe, and cool the excessively tense, sharp, fiery qualities of Pitta imbalances.
A regular routine of daily self massage with this oil is a highly effective way to cool and calm your body and mind.
Tri-doshic Massage Oil
Balancing. Restoring. Harmonizing.
We all possess the characteristics of all three doshas in varying degrees. When there is a relative equality between these 3 constitutions there is a greater level of balance and resiliency. If you can see that you fluctuate between symptoms of imbalance reflected in each Vata, Kapha, and Pitta types, then the Tri-doshic blend is for you.
The Dragontree’s custom Tri-Doshic Massage Oil is a blend of herbs and essential oils specifically chosen to help balance, restore, and harmonize all three doshas.
A regular routine of daily self massage with this oil can be a highly effective way to support equilibrium for your body and mind.
Love + Oil = Powerful Medicine.
How to do a self-massage at home for a more peaceful you:
- Either before, during, or after a shower or bath, apply a layer of oil over your whole body.
- Massage into your face, chest and throat.
- Massage your abdomen, up on the right, across the top, and down on the left in the direction of digestion.
- Massage as much of your back as you can reach.
- Then starting with your shoulders, work down the arms. Massage the oil in lovingly and thoughtfully. Massage circularly around the joints (shoulders, elbows, wrists) and do long strokes up and down the long bones. Breathe while you do this. The tempo should be rhythmic and repetitive.
- In a similar sequence massage your legs one at a time starting with your hips and booty in circular motions. Long strokes up and down the thigh. Circular at the knee, long strokes at the shin, circular at the ankle. End with some foot squeezes. Do each limb at least twice, front and back.
* This is an abbreviated version of a self-massage routine. Check out Briana’s video for a more complete version.
Do this massage with intention and breath. Thank your body for all the work it does. This is a moving meditation that can help you feel peaceful and more connected to yourself and your loved ones.
You deserve this.
P.S. Our massage oils are made by hand in small batches in Portland, Oregon to keep the quality of ingredients effective. There are no fake fragrances and unnatural preservatives in our products.
We take your experience and the quality of our products seriously. If you are not completely satisfied with this artisan product, we will happily refund your money.
Please see www.thedragontree.com/guarantee for details.