We've all been there: rolling around in bed, unable to get comfortable, and feeling anxious about how tomorrow will go if we don't get some sleep.
The next day, we're mentally dull, groggy, impatient, and cranky. We feel heavy in our body. We skip our workout. We make more mistakes. And we don't get as much enjoyment out of the things we usually love.
There's just no substitute for a good night of sleep! Besides the things you notice, good sleep is vital for immune function, hormone balance, growth and development, tissue repair, cardiovascular health, and more.
For healthy sleep we recommend these good habits:
1. Make your bedroom as dark and quiet as possible. If you get up in the night, leave the lights off.
2. Keep your room on the cool side.
3. Have a "winding down" period for at least 30 minutes before bed, during which you slow your movements, dim the lights, and turn off screens.
4. Avoid caffeine after noon. Some caffeine-sensitive folks can sleep poorly even if they only have caffeine in the morning. Try a break.
5. Exercise and expose yourself to sunlight in the early part of the day.
And if you need extra help, try our Sleep Support herbal formula.
It's a sophisticated combination of Western and Asian herbs formulated to promote a night of deep, healthy, uninterrupted sleep. It won't make you feel groggy or drugged the next day.*
Taken throughout the day it reduces the cumulative activation of the nervous system that our daily stresses cause, meaning not just better sleep but a calmer waking life.*
It’s easy to use – just take 1 to 3 dropperfuls in a little water before bed. For optimal results, we recommend taking 1 or 2 additional servings in the midday and/or evening.
Some of the 17 powerful herbs include:
- Mother of pearl – An organic calcium source with a gentle calming effect*
- Corydalis – While this herb is primarily used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for pain, a little known secondary effect is its ability to promote healthy sleep*
Poria mushroom heart – In TCM, this fungus is said to "calm the heart spirit.” In common terms it promotes calm and supports restful sleep*
- Reishi mushroom – Best known as an immune-supportive herb, this legendary mushroom is also a valuable botanical for occasional sleeplessness*
About the Apothecary
Our tinctures are made by hand in small batches in Portland, Oregon with precision and care so that you get the finest and most effective product on the market.
We take your experience and the quality of our products seriously. If you are not completely satisfied with this artisan product, we will happily refund your money.
Please see www.thedragontree.com/guarantee for details.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.